Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Picasso guitars kindergarten art

Picasso guitar collages

I borrowed this idea from youngartlove.wordpress. As most art teachers I changed it a bit to fit my classroom needs.
There are tons of children's books on Picasso . These are just a few of mine. These are long so they are available for my students to enjoy in my art classroom library. 
The first day of the lesson we discussed warm and cool colors. Students were give a choice of either warm or cool colors to paint their 12" x 18" multi media paper. I provided lots of various tools for students to add textures. They had a blast.
On the second day of class I gave a brief introduction to Picasso's "The Old Guitarist"  and "Guitar, I love Eva".

We discussed the details of the guitar and then set to work. Students were provided patterns of guitars to trace on the back of their painted papers.
 After they cut them out they glued them to a piece of construction paper. 
Students then traced a circle onto a tissue paper square (we used a water cup), and added yarn and buttons. 
Lastly students added dots using tempera paint and bottle stoppers. 
It was a lot of work but students had fun doing this project. 
































No comments:

Post a Comment