Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Flower pot collage 1st grade art lesson

Flower pot collage

I introduced the lesson by showing the art work by Susan Mahan. She is a Cincinnati Ohio artist that works with cut paper and makes beautiful multi media paintings. Her website is http://susanmahan.com/
This is one of her works. 
I found this idea from http://plastiquem.blogspot.com.es/ and made my own changes.  
I provided a flower pot for the students to trace. They used a plastic cup to trace circles for their flowers onto multi media paper. 
We reviewed the meaning of shades in art and then students searched for colors in magazines to glue to their pots. 

I think it is best to use a glue sponge when applying the colors to the flower pot. It goes much faster and less messy! 
They traced their circles with a fine tip permanent marker and colored them with crayons.
I had them pick a wall paper sample for their table cloth and they glued everything on a 12" x 18" piece of construction paper. I also provided cut strips of green construction paper for the stems.
This took three, 50 minute class periods.













2 comments:

  1. could you like to see a eco friendly flower pot by bamboo fiber? more details at mannbmaboofiber.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry, it is www.mannbamboofiber.com

    ReplyDelete