Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Thursday, December 7, 2017

Kindergarten Paul klee cats with warm and cool colors

Kindergarten Paul Klee Cats
I found this great idea from http://jamestownelementaryartblog.blogspot.com/2015/10/kindergarten-paul-klee-cats.html
Please check out the original idea.
I first introduced the lesson by discussing warm and cool colors. We created a Venn Diagram on the board and I had students take turns sorting warm and cool colored  pieces of art.


I then read the book "The Cat and the Bird" by Geraldine Elshner.


 This took about 40 minutes.
I then instructed them on how to draw a cat in the style of Paul Klee.
On day two (my classes are 50 minutes each), we drew a line with a cool colored marker (students could pick any kind of line). Students traced their cats with a black fine tip  marker.
My kindergartners were encouraged to use the side of a crayon and color the background with a cool color.

Students could only use cool colors to color the collar and warm colors for the cat. 











I was surprised with the results. It helps to do this in the Fall or Winter! My kindergartners can do so much more by then! 



















No comments:

Post a Comment