Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Tuesday, December 12, 2017

1st grade coffee filter snowflakes

1st grade snowflakes
Students folded a coffee filter into three's and then colored them with Mr. Sketch Markers (cool colors only). They colored both sides of their folded coffee filter. 

Students sprayed the front and the back of their coffee filter with water and laid them on the drying rack to dry for the next art class. This only took students around 15 minutes. Each student placed their coffee filter on a piece of paper with their name and teacher code on it so they could identify them at the next class. 
After they were dry we cut pieces off to make our snowflakes. I told them to cut little triangles, squares or circles. 


They were so excited with the results. 



I wasn't sure how my first graders would do with this project but they did great! Thanks to Jordan Caplan for showing me that this could be done with first grade! She also has a great youtube video if you want to see how she did it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOURmIkKe0Q&t=97s



No comments:

Post a Comment