Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Tuesday, December 5, 2017

1st grade Joan Miro Styrofoam printmaking art lesson

Joan Miro Styrofoam printmaking art lesson



Here is my demonstration video. 

I love Joan Miro, especially since many of his paintings look child-like. Students love looking at his paintings and finding all the various shapes and figures.
I found a great resource to view many of his paintings here  http://www.joan-miro.net/
On the first day students used watercolors and painted a 12"x 9" piece of drawing paper. Students could use a variety of colors. Many students chose to paint their papers either with warm colors, cool colors or rainbow colors.
 


On the second day students took a 6" x  4" piece of Styrofoam and drew with a dull pencil, designs inspired by Joan Miro. Remind students not to press to hard or they will make a hole in their Styrofoam. They also have to make their drawings deep enough to resist the ink. I did a lot of checking before I let them print! 
I have four students at each of my six tables so on each table I provided one tray and one Brayer with black water soluble ink. Students had no problems taking turns with the ink since they were finished with their drawings at different times.



Encourage the students to really press hard on the Styrofoam while it is on their painted paper.

This students was absent on the day we painted our papers so she used a plain piece of a paper. It still turned out nice. 





















No comments:

Post a Comment