Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Kindergarten Monet ponds

Kindergarten Monet Ponds


Part one.

Part two.

I found this great idea on Pinterest. I can't find the original user so if you know who created it first please e-mail me so I can give them credit.
I began the lesson by showing photos of Monet's many ponds with cool colors.

We reviewed what cool colors were and then proceeded to paint our papers.
I gave each student a sheet of bubble wrap. I had purchased a huge box at a yard sale that were already cut in rectangles.
I provided each table with a small sponge and a paper plate with blue and purple tempera paint. Students then took a sponge and dabbed the paint onto the bubble wrap and pressed it onto their paper. They really got the hang of repeating the process until they had filled their 12" x 18" multi-media paper.


On the second day we viewed various photos of Koi fish and I taught them how to simplify the fish into a tear drop shape and then add the tail and fins. We talked about how the eyes are on the side of a fish.
After they drew the fish, students traced them with a black marker and painted them with liquid watercolors.




On the third day we drew lily pads on green construction paper, cut them out and glued a tissue paper flower in the middle. 
We then cut out our fish and glued everything to our water. 



I think the next time I teach this I will add white paint along side the blue and purple paint to lighten the water up.































No comments:

Post a Comment