Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Kindergarten snowflakes

Watercolor snowflakes

This is another great idea I found on Pinterest. It is from http://www.funathomewithkids.com/2014/11/winter-watercolor-resist-art-with-free.html
I started the lesson by showing examples of real snowflakes and a short three minute video on YouTube about snowflakes. There are several but I chose the one "Frozen, Snowflake Song". 
I then instructed students on how to make snowflakes by drawing the lines and adding arrows to each line. We drew these all around our 12" x 9" multi media paper with a pencil. The next step was to trace over the lines with a white oil pastel. 
You can use white crayons as well. 
Students then painted over their papers with liquid watercolors. 


The last step was to sprinkle salt over the painting. 


  I had some of my classes make one big snowflake and other classes make five small snowflakes. I'm not sure which ones I like the best. 























No comments:

Post a Comment