Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Jackson Pollock marble painting kindergarten

Marble painting
This is the third project in our Jackson Pollock study. I again showed the students the books I  have on him in our classroom art library and some of his abstract paintings. 
I demonstrated how to drop a marble in the bowls of paint with a spoon and then dropped it on a piece of paper in a box lid. I used the box lids from the copier paper boxes. I have six tables so on each table I had one color and one marble. In the past I had two marbles in each bowl, but amazingly one would always disappear from the classes. Interesting, right? No one never knows what happens to them!

After students do the color at their table then they may carry their papers to the other tables to complete.






Great time to problem solve and take turns!

Great project for the beginning of the year. 






No comments:

Post a Comment