Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Monday, December 5, 2016

Jackson Pollock painting kindergarten art lesson

Jackson Pollock painting for kindergarten
Here is an easy project that kids love! I showed a clip of Jackson Pollock  working in his studio on YouTube. I had already discussed abstract painting with these kiddos so  they were familiar with his work. I have a couple of books on Pollock and they are kept in my art library for the kids to look at when they are finished with their art projects. I reviewed the book "Action Jackson" by Jan Greenberg and Sandra Jordan. 
We discussed a couple of paintings. You can find some great images of his work and one of him working on the Jackson Pollock website http://www.jackson-pollock.org/
I showed them a turkey baster like the one Pollock would have used in his paintings and explained to the children that we would be using eye droppers instead. 
I have some plastic trays that were used to store snack packs like oreos and cheez- its that I put the liquid watercolors in. Actually some of the paint was from my dried up old markers. I soaked them in water and made the paint.  I think the next time I  do this lesson I'm going to buy disposable cups with lids and set them in the trays. 
The kids loved this lesson! 







After discussion, paint making time and clean up, this lesson took 50 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment