Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

kindergarten art lesson Andy Warhol

Kindergarten art lesson Andy Warhol



                                  In this demonstration video the children are actually using paint sticks. I made the video during COVID and I was teaching on a cart. The kindergarten classrooms don't have sinks so this was a great alternative. 

This is a popular lesson that has been repeated several times on the internet. I'm not sure where the original idea came from. 
I had the children watch the video "Getting to Know the World's Greatest Artists, Andy Warhol". 
I also have several books for children on Andy Warhol. 


. The print below is from the Warhol Museum in Pittsburgh. This is the print for our inspiration

After the video I had the children paint green grass on a 12" x 9" piece of black construction paper. Some students used paint brushes and others wanted to use q-tips. 
The following art class I provided various colors of 4" x 6" pieces of construction paper. They were allowed to pick four pieces of any color. 
The children folded the papers in half and made flowers. 
After they assembled their flowers
on their grass they took q-tips and painted little black dots for the middle of the flowers (pistil and stamen). 






No comments:

Post a Comment