Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Monday, May 9, 2016

African Collars kindergarten lesson

African collars kindergarten lesson

I first showed the children many images of African collars. We discussed what they were celebrating (weddings from the photos I found on-line). We made connections to these people with what we celebrate in our country and how we dress for special occasions.
Each student was given a paper plate. They were instructed to cut the middle circle out. We did this part together.
We then discussed patterns in art and I demonstrated a pattern on a paper plate collar with markers.
Students were then allowed to create any kind of pattern they wished on the plates.
I've seen this lesson all over the internet so I'm not sure where the original ideal came from. I've been teaching this project for a while. Some lessons have the students use paint. 













No comments:

Post a Comment