Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Kindergarten Rainbow city collages

Kindergarten Rainbow City Collage


After learning the colors of the rainbow the students created a rainbow city collage. I drew a frame on a 12" x 18" piece of drawing paper and then copied the rest on the copier. We discussed patterns in nature, on our clothes, patterns in music and patterns in math. 

We then drew with a fine tip permanent marker a pattern around the frame and colored it using crayola twistables.


We took our big crayons without the peelings and rubbed cool or warm colors for the sky. 
The next art class I gave them the construction paper and instructed them to over lap the colors to make room for all six pieces of paper. We discussed the term "overlapping" and I repeated it each time I gave them the new color! 



The children really enjoy this. I got the idea for this from the Jamestown Elementary Art Blog. 






No comments:

Post a Comment