Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Friday, February 26, 2016

jasper johns numbers kindergarten art lesson

Jasper Johns Number art in Kindergarten

I always like to connect the general education curriculum into the art room when ever I can. 
Jasper John's number paintings are perfect for kindergarten students whom are learning to write and count numbers. 

The first thing students did was to fold their paper into eight sections. In each block they were to write a big number(1-8) with a pencil and then trace over it with a black oil pastel. 


Make sure students write their numbers correctly (no reversals). In each box students drew with oil pastels various patterns. 


The last step was to paint watercolors over the whole thing. 



























No comments:

Post a Comment