Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Starry Night 1st grade collage

Starry Night 1st Grade art lesson 

Students love the painting "Starry Night". They always get excited when I show the painting.  Many students  make connections to copies they  have seen. 
I have done many art lesson variations on "Starry Night" but  I do believe this is my favorite one. I found this lesson on Artsonia.  
The first day I introduced the painting and showed them many examples of architecture. We noticed the many variations of windows, doors, materials to use for building and roofs.  Each student received a 12" x 6" piece of drawing or multi media paper. They sketched first, colored with crayola twistables and outline everything with a black permanent marker. I reminded them that they did not have to color the sky. They would be cutting out their  city or neighborhood and gluing it onto another piece of paper. 






Students then cut their buildings out, glued them onto their choice of either purple, black or blue construction paper. They then took oil pastels and drew the stars and moon. Lastly, they added glue and sprinkled glitter on it. Students really loved this project (I believe because of the glitter!).








































No comments:

Post a Comment