Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

rainbow order star kindergarten art lesson

Kindergarten Rainbow Star art lesson
I saw this lesson on Jamestown elementary Art Blog: Kindergarten rainbow order star. I just added another step. First we discussed the colors of the rainbow and viewed ROY G BIV by Mr. Ray on YouTube. The children loved the catchy tune and were singing it the rest of the class period!
I then taught them how to draw a star on a 6" x 18" watercolor paper. We reviewed various lines and students picked six lines of various designs and drew them with a black oil pastel across their page, starting at the star. They then colored the star in and drew a squiggly line in the middle of it. Students could add smaller stars on the other side.
Students then colored in the sections the order of the rainbow with crayons. I didn't have the students use indigo because I felt it would be frustrating trying to find one for each student. They could use purple or violet for the last section. Many kindergartners at my school know their color words by now so they were able to read the labels to find orange, red, purple etc.



 The last step was to paint watercolors over the drawing.



This is my teaching video I showed during COVID. 



No comments:

Post a Comment