Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Kindergarten Paul Klee cats

Paul Klee kindergarten watercolor cats
I found this idea from http://www.artsonia.com. I showed my kindergartners the bird and cat painting by Paul Klee and told them that it was our inspiration for our next project. I gave a brief history on Paul Klee and then we proceeded with the drawing. There are some great children books on Paul Klee if you have time to read them to your class. 
                                                    

 


                                      This is the inspiration painting for the project by Paul Klee. 

I provided each student with a 9" x 12" piece of watercolor paper. I instructed them on how to draw the cat, eyes, nose, bird, neck and whiskers.


We then traced the cat and bird with a black oil pastel. 
Next we painted the whole thing with watercolors. They were told only to use the bright colors. This took about two 50 minute class periods.

















No comments:

Post a Comment