Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Monday, November 30, 2015

kindergarten patterns/textured trees





This project was done almost at the end of our second quarter. Oh how they have improved since the beginning of the year! We viewed many photos of different kinds of trees and discussed the texture and patterns. 
We drew a horizon line and then I instructed them on how to draw trees and branches. We drew in pencil first and then they traced over the trees with a permanent marker. 



Next they drew with a permanent marker patterns on the trees. They used construction paper crayons to color in the patterns. I had to remind them to only color the patterns. They would be painting the trees, sky and ground with watercolors. 






This took them about four, fifty minute class periods to complete. 






They really enjoyed the lesson. 














4 comments:

  1. What kind of paper did you use for this project? Construction paper?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used Pacon mixed media heavyweight paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Thank you. I will definitely check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I will check it out for sure!

    ReplyDelete