Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Friday, February 10, 2017

Jim Dine oil pastel watercolor paintings 1st grade

Jim Dine oil pastel watercolor resist painting


My demonstration video 


I don't remember where I saw this original idea. I've been doing it for years.  If you know please let me know. 
I introduced the heart paintings created by Jim Dine. We discussed his many hearts and I explained to the children that he is from Cincinnati Ohio.  Students are excited to hear this since we are only about thirty miles from the city. 
I gave students a 3 1/2" x 4" square piece of construction paper and taught them how to make a heart. 
Students then folded their 12" x 18" multi media paper into six boxes and traced their hearts in the centers. 
Students took oil pastels and created various designs in each heart. We discussed the many options such as using warm and color colors and patterns. 




Don't forget to blend!

The next class students painting watercolors in each box.

 I love these. This project took two, fifty minute classes. 




































No comments:

Post a Comment