Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

kindergarten 1st day of art class lesson

Kindergarten 1st day of art class lesson


I found a great lesson for the 1st day of art class from the Double Loaded paintbrush blog. 
http://doubleloadedpaintbrush.blogspot.com/
When the children arrived for their first day of art class I had them sit on the floor. I filled a backpack  with art supplies for the children to pull out of the bag. Each time a student pulled out an item we discussed what it was and how to use it. I made sure to have something for each student to pull out of the bag. In the front pocket I had a heart with the words "respect" a "smiley face" and a trapezoid with the word "try" written on it. We discussed how to respect the teachers and the art supplies, to always "try" in art and to enjoy art (smiley face). 

I then had the students make art! I printed on 12" x 18" multi media paper a frame and the rules we discussed. 
Students were then instructed to draw a picture of me. This gave me a quick assessment of how students were developmentally in their drawing skills. 


Again, thanks for the idea "Double Loaded Paintbrush". 

No comments:

Post a Comment