Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

1st day of art class for 1st graders

1st day of art class for 1st graders lesson

I found this great lesson plan on http://dripdripsplattersplash.blogspot.com/. It is the perfect lesson for the 1st day of art class. My first graders are already familiar with the art room so I do a brief review of the classroom and rules and then read the book "The Dot" by Peter H. Reynolds. 

We discuss the terms "negative" and "positive" in art and then I demonstrate (actually review) how to paint with watercolors. Students are instructed to use only the primary and secondary colors (no black or brown). Students also can only paint the positive or negative space of their paintings.
Great 1st day project with students.










No comments:

Post a Comment