Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Wayne Thiebaud model magic lollipops kindergarten art lesson

Wayne Thiebaud model magic lollipops
I've seen this lesson many times on the internet. I actually used http://artinklings.blogspot.com/2015/12/wayne-thiebaud-inspired-lollipops.html idea for  my kindergarteners. 

I showed the students part of the interview of Wayne Thiebaud from CBS morning on Youtube. I think it actually gets the students excited about the project if you can find photographs and videos of the artists working. 
I then demonstrated how to roll the model magic into a ball and then make it into a coil.

 After the students rolled the ball into a coil they swirled it around to make the lollipop. 

I then pushed a craft stick into their lollipop. From my experience, if I had them push it in, they would become frustrated and ruin their lollipop. This project only took about twenty minutes for the lecture and the art making time. 



On the next art day, students painted their lollipops with watercolors. 






























No comments:

Post a Comment