Please hang tight while I reload all the photos back.

My photo
I currently work at Davenport A+ Elementary School in Lenoir, NC.

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Drawing people in kindergarten

Drawing a person for kindergartners

A great introduction on drawing people is the song "Mat Man". It's on the CD "Get Set For School Sing Along" . It goes with the handwriting curriculum Handwriting Without Tears. I discovered this great CD while I was teaching special education preschool. The "Mat Man" song sings about body parts and it goes to the tune of "The Bear Went Over the Mountain".
. You can also find people singing it on YouTube. Each verse of the song tells a body part. It really helps in reminding the kindergartners to draw each part of the body (no more stick people!).






These were actually completed in September (the beginning of school) after learning the song "Mat Man". 

No comments:

Post a Comment